Regents Engineering Pathways
Students can earn an engineering degree by transferring to the University of Georgia through the Regents Engineering Pathways (REP) Program.
The Regents Engineering Pathways (REP) was established to expand the availability of engineering education opportunities for Georgians. Students complete two or more years of pre-engineering courses at participating University System of Georgia REP Partner institutions, then transfer to the University of Georgia to complete a B.S. degree in engineering.
REP students enjoy many of the advantages of UGA College of Engineering students: equal access to engineering majors at UGA, the option to participate in the co-op program, and opportunities to visit UGA for campus tours, information sessions, and meetings with advisors in their engineering majors.
Admission requirements for REP students
Students from participating REP Partner institutions may be admitted to the University of Georgia to complete any one of the eight engineering bachelor's degree programs. Students must submit the regular UGA transfer admission application form. When completing the UGA Transfer Application, REP students should indicate their intent to enroll in a College of Engineering major.
The criteria for transfer students include the following:
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester credit hours of transferable coursework after high school from an REP partnering institution
- Must meet RETP institution and University of Georgia admission requirements at the time of application including the minimum GPA requirement for UGA transfer admission
- Have completed at least one college course in mathematics and/or laboratory science
Admissions process for REP students:
- Complete UGA transfer admission requirements as an “intended” major in the College of Engineering
- After a student has been admitted to UGA as a transfer student, they must complete the College of Engineering High-Demand Major process to be fully admitted to an engineering major. Visit our undergraduate admissions web page for more details about the admission requirements for specific majors.
Students transferring to the University may be eligible to apply through the College’s High-Demand Major (HDM) process prior to enrolling at UGA. To be eligible, REP students must have completed or be completing the required General Education courses as well as the Major Specific courses in the term in which they submit the HDM application. Arrangements for completion of the required Personal Statement of Purpose can be facilitated if an REP student contacts the College of Engineering in advance.
Program Contact Information:
Dr. Ramana Pidaparti
UGA College of Engineering
Julie T. Cook
UGA College of Engineering