Spring 2018 Convocation
Held in conjunction with the University of Georgia's spring Commencement, the UGA College of Engineering's Convocation is a special ceremony honoring students individually for their hard work and dedication in earning an engineering degree.
Friday, May 4, 2018
D.W. Brooks Mall
- The ceremony begins promptly at 2 p.m.
- NOTE CHANGE: Candidates should arrive by 12:45 p.m. for line up in the Wilson Pharmacy Building, room 120.
- A group photo will be taken prior to the ceremony.
- The ceremony will last approximately one hour to one and one-half hours.
- Students should wear business attire underneath their regalia. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Academic regalia is required for all degree candidates and consists of a black robe, mortar board, and orange tassel.
- The College will provide a red stole to all candidates during the ceremony.
No tickets are required. All eligible candidates for graduation have been emailed an RSVP link to indicate the number of their guests for planning purposes.
During the ceremony, each degree candidate will cross the stage and be congratulated. A professional photographer will be present. All photos from the ceremony will be made available to students and their families at no cost within a week of the ceremony.
Please note that other colleges and schools will be holding their own ceremonies before, during and after the College of Engineering Convocation, so please plan accordingly when considering parking options.
Parking for Convocation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Suggested parking areas include: South Campus Deck (S11), East Campus Deck (E04), Carlton Street Deck (S15) and Performing Arts Center Deck (E20). Other options include surface lots at the Driftmier Engineering Center and lots along Green Street behind the College of Education.
For disability parking, contact Julie Cook at email@example.com or 706-542-3354.
If you have additional parking questions, please contact Parking Services at 706‑542‑7275.
Degree candidates: If you need accommodations, please contact Julie Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-542-3354 at least five business days prior to the event.
Please contact Julie Cook at email@example.com or 706-542-3354.