Double Dawgs: School of Environmental, Civil, Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering
The Double Dawgs Program enables students to pursue dual BS-MS degrees with the opportunity to complete both programs in five years.
The School of Environmental, Civil, Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering offers the following Double Dawgs options:
- Agricultural Engineering - BS-MS
- Environmental Engineering - BS-MS
- Civil Engineering BS - MS Engineering with Civil Engineering Emphasis
- Mechanical Engineering BS - MS Engineering with Mechanical Engineering Emphasis
To be considered for the Pathway the student must submit a College of Engineering Pathway Application and meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum UGA GPA of 3.0.
- Have completed all pre-requisites for their respective undergraduate degree programs required to enroll in Capstone Design I (CVLE4910, ENGR4910, ENVE4910 or MCHE4910) during Fall Semester of Senior Year.
- Submit an essay indicating their research interests and career goals within an ECAM degree program.
- Provide a letter of support from a faculty member within the School of ECAM indicating that the faculty member will serve as the student’s mentor during the next Academic Year (Senior Year in Engineering). In this role, the faculty member will commit their time to helping the student start their graduate program and give advice on potential coursework, research advisors, and research projects. By agreeing to serve as the student’s mentor, the faculty member does not guarantee funding for the student or continued advisement during their fifth year in the program.
During Senior Year:
- Students will be required to work in the faculty mentor’s laboratory to gain experience and potentially begin their research program.
- Students can, but are not required to, participate in the UGA CURO program as part of their research experience.
- Students will apply for Fall 2020 admission to the MS program.
At the end of Senior Year:
- If this program does not meet their needs, students may choose not to continue in their fifth year of study.
Pathways Application Process:
- Complete online application
- Email the following items as a single PDF document using “Pathway Application (Your Last Name)” in the subject line to email@example.com.
- Essay (research interest and career goals in ECAM)
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of Support from Faculty Member
Admission to Graduate Program
The student must apply and be admitted to the UGA Graduate School to complete the MS portion of the program. See the College of Engineering's graduate admissions webpage for application deadlines.