Caner Kazanci, Ph.D.
Models biological and ecological systems
Dr. Kazanci holds a joint appointment with the College of Engineering and the department of math in the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences.
Ph.D., Mathematical Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, 2005
M.S., Mathematical Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, 2000
B.S., Mathematics, Bilkent University in Ankara, Turkey, 1999
Area of Specialty
Mathematical and Computational Biology and Ecology, Simulation, and Network Analysis
- Biological and ecological modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Numerical analysis, dynamical systems.
- Ecological network analysis (ENA), ecological thermodynamics.
- Stochastic modeling tools, individual based modeling.
- Collective behavior of large biochemical reaction networks, the relation between network structure and system dynamics.