Finding Internships & Co-Ops
Here are some resources you can use to identify internship and/or co-op positions:
Weekly Newsletters & E-mails on the Listserv
Every Monday the Director of Experiential Learning & Outreach sends out a list of open internships, co-ops and jobs. Review this newsletter to identify positions you may want to apply to. Additionally, as employers reach out about hiring UGA engineering students, you will see e-mails pop-up on the listserv requesting resumes. Keep a close watch on your e-mail so you do not miss out on these opportunities!
Handshake is UGA’s internship, co-op, and job board. Employers will post their positions here if they are interested in recruiting UGA students. If you don't have a Handshake account, you'll need to create one here using your UGA MyID and password. If you've already established your Handshake account, you can log in here.
Engineering Experience Job Board
The UGA College of Engineering's Engineering Experience page and Job Board is a specialized database of opportunities for engineering students. On this page you will find targeted job postings, research positions, and volunteer opportunities for all engineering majors.
EngineerJobs lets you search for positions by discipline or state. Once you search you can narrow down positions to Internships/Co-ops in the left hand column under “Experience Level."
Other Job DataBases
Professional organizations maintain their own job boards for members and student members. These databases can great places for one to find opportunities specific to your field or industry.
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
- American Academy of Environmental Engineers & Scientists
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Georgia Automotive Manufacturers Association
- Georgia Bio
Indeed.com pulls position postings directly from company websites so it streamlines that process for you. You can search by keyword or city/state.
Each semester the University of Georgia and the College of Engineering host a career and internship fair. Attend these events to meet recruiters face-to-face and present your résumé.