The University of Georgia Alumni Association recently recognized the 100 fastest-growing businesses owned or operated by UGA alumni during the 14th annual Bulldog 100 Celebration. This year, businesses represented 10 U.S. states and two countries, with 86 of the businesses located in the state of Georgia. In total, the list includes 129 alumni representing over two dozen industries, six of whom are UGA Engineering alumni:
- Jason Lawson (BSAE '02), Baseline Surveying and Engineering, Inc.
- Russ Pennington (BSBE '01), Impact Public Affairs
- Robert Moore (BSAE '04), Moore Civil Consulting
- Jonathan Roberts (BSAE '04), Roberts Civil Engineering
- Jake Hightower (BSAE '13), Roberts Civil Engineering
- Ed Lane (BSAE '05), Smith Planning Group, LLC
Bulldog 100 companies were ranked, regardless of size, by evaluating their three-year compounded annual growth rates. The Atlanta office of Warren Averett CPAs and Advisors—a Bulldog 100 partner since the program began in 2009—verifies the information submitted by each company and determines the ranked list. The UGA Alumni Association will host the annual Bulldog 100 Celebration Feb. 18, 2023, to celebrate these alumni business leaders and count down the ranked list to ultimately reveal the No. 1 fastest-growing business.