Sajib Saha, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Scientist
AI-informed infrastructure resilience and networks
Dr. Saha's research focuses on developing a smart and resilient infrastructure system utilizing multi-scale characterization of civil infrastructure materials, data-driven artificial intelligence and geospatial technologies, and large-scale non-destructive experimental technologies. He adopts a 'system of system' network approach to integrate social, ecological, and technological systems with physical and critical infrastructures, built environments, manufacturing and supply chains, and the business and finance sectors as well as processes of policymaking and governance. Dr. Saha has previously completed multiple research projects and worked on grant proposals related to infrastructure resiliency sponsored by NCHRP, state DOTs, and DOE.
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2019
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Clemson University, 2013
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, 2011
- Assistant Research Scientist, University of Georgia, 2023 - present
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Center for Infrastructure and Renewal, Texas A&M University, 2020 – 2022
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, 2019 – 2020
Areas of Specialty
- Infrastructure Materials
- System Resilience
- Unsaturated soil Behavior
- AI-Supported Infrastructure Asset Management
- Non-Destructive Evaluation